What Is Collate Printing: Understanding The Basics
If you don't know the right printing features to use, you will end up doing more work. This hassle could have been avoided during printing. In this article, we will talk about one of those useful printing features. We'll find out what is collate printing and the many ways we can use it to our advantage.
The Basics of Collate Printing
Collate printing is a feature that prints documents in a "collated" sequence. If you are printing several sets of multi-page copies that need to be read in a specific order, it's best to use collate printing.
So, what is collate printing? Simply put, it is a feature used to print a sequence of pages with more than one set.
Who can Benefit from Collate Printing?
1. Schools and students
- If you are a teacher printing a 10-page document for a class of twenty, you will need to do collate printing.
- A student printing a 70-page thesis for four panel members will also need to use collate printing.
2. Law firms
- People. In this case, collate printing will make their lives easier.
3. Corporate training institutions
- When conducting trainings and seminars, trainers or instructors have to print out booklets for a group of participants. In this case, collate printing is the best way to go.
Benefits of Collate Printing
Now that you know what collate printing is and the people or individuals who benefit from it, you have a better idea of its direct benefits.
Here are some of them:
- Saves time sorting – Can you imagine the amount of time you save if you don't have to sort the pages anymore? In collate printing, the time you spend sorting can be spent on more meaningful tasks to increase your productivity.
- Avoid human errors – How often have you held on to printouts only to notice that some of the pages are not in their right sequence? These are common mistakes that happen during sorting and binding pages. Collate printing will lessen the probability of human error during these phases. This way, there is both consistency and efficiency, especially in larger volumes.
- Saves fastening time – There are times when binding documents together is no longer necessary. If all you need to do is present a set of documents in the right order to a group of people, the best option is to collate print.
How to Select Collate Printing Option
You can select the collate printing option in two ways:
- Through the printer
- Through print settings in your laptop or desktop computer
The setting is represented by an icon with three pieces of paper layered on top of each other.
Gone are the days when we had to do everything by hand. Now that you know what is collate printing, you're assured of better task management. And thanks to printing technologies, your life just got significantly easier.