How To Setup A Canon Wireless Printer: Easy Steps
So you got yourself a new wireless printer—great! Your new machine should come with a user’s guide on how to set it up and other instructions. You can look at that, or read this guide.
Here’s how to setup Canon wireless printer in easy-to-follow-steps.
Connect The Wireless Printer To Wifi
For your wireless printer to work, you need to connect it to a wireless network connection. Once it is connected, you can send printable files to the printer from your laptop, personal computer, tablets, and smartphones—no need for cables and wires. Other Wifi users can also access it too.
How do I connect my Canon wireless printer to Wifi, you ask? Follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your Wifi router. Please make sure that your Wifi connection is stable. Slow internet speed can lead to problems connecting your wireless printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on Canon wireless printer.
- Press the Settings button.
- Use the arrow button to access Device Settings. Then, press OK.
- Press the arrow button until you go to the LAN Settings. Press OK.
- In the LAN settings, look for Wireless LAN Setup by pressing the arrow button. Press OK.
- The printer will start searching for an available Wifi connection.
- Scroll for your Wifi connection using the arrow button—when you find your connection, press OK.
- Enter your Wifi password and press OK.
- Once the screen indicates that the printer is connected, press OK.
If your printer takes too long to search for your Wifi connection in Step 6, press the Stop button. It will go to Wireless LAN Setup, Standard Setup. Just press OK. Then, proceed to Steps 8 and 9.
How To Enter Wifi Password
If you have alphanumeric Wifi password, here’s how to enter it during printer setup:
- use passphrase *1 if you wish to type in numbers
- use passphrase *A for uppercase letters
- use passphrase *a for lowercase letters
Add Wireless Printer To PC
After learning how to set my Canon printer to wireless connection, let’s add it to your list of devices on your personal computer. Follow these steps:
- Make sure that your printer and your computer are connected to the same Wifi connection.
- Turn on your printer and your PC.
- On your computer, go to Control Panel.
- Look for Hardware and Sound. Click ‘View devices and printers’.
- At the topmost left portion of your window, you will see ‘Add a printer’ button. Click it.
- You should see your Canon wireless printer on the list of available devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Now, you are ready to print! See, it is pretty easy how to setup Canon wireless printer. You can send your files to your printer instantly. Make sure that the machine is loaded with paper and ink for hassle-free printing. Be reminded to keep your user’s guide for reference in case you need to do any troubleshooting in the future.