How To Reset A Printer
Are you struggling in trying to make your printer work? After using your printer for quite a while, certain problems may arise. And the best way to solve those is by doing a system reset. The goal of this article is to show you how to reset printer to help you ease your work.
Why Reset is a Good Option
It can get so frustrating when you did everything you could to bring back your printer’s best quality, but nothing’s happening. The option to reset your printer’s system can be your best option at this time.
But before knowing how to reset printer, you must know what a system reset can do to your device and how it will affect the quality of its performance.
- The main thing that a reset does is delete all your current data and restore it to how it was originally set when you first purchased your printer.
- It gives your printer’s system a major refresh and allows all built-in applications and software to reset.
- Experts highly recommend this method because it can solve and fix major software issues in any device, including printers.
How to Reset Your Printer
Different printer brands and models have different ways on how to reset their systems. In this part, you will be provided with general instructions on how to reset printer.
- Plug your printer’s power cord to a power source.
- Turn your printer on by pressing the power button, and wait until the screen turns on with a display.
- If your printer has a setting or menu button, press it.
- Press the up and down arrow of your printer until Device Settings/Reset Settings pops up on the screen’s display.
- Click on Reset.
- Next, choose Reset All. A ‘Yes,’ or ‘No’ option will then pop up. To reset, click on Yes. Remember that once you are done with this process, there’s no turning back.
- Wait until resetting is done. After that, you will be asked by the system’s software to set up your printer’s settings again.
- Continue the setup process, and you’re good to go.
But if you want to make sure that you are doing the right thing on how to reset printer, then go to your manufacturer’s manual. If you can’t find the one that came with your printer, you can go to the official manufacturer’s website and search for your printer’s model.
Now that you know how to reset printer, what it does, and its benefits, you are a few steps closer to solving your printer’s crappy system. Make sure that you have completely educated yourself with the possible effects of the system reset to your device. But if nothing has changed after the system reset, your last and final resort is to bring it to a repair shop and let the experts do the job.