How To Reset A Brother Printer: Quick Guide
Whenever we encounter problems with electronics we usually attempt a reset, and this applies to printers as well. This article will teach you how to reset Brother printer so you can start over and start right.
A Quick Guide to Resetting a Brother Printer
Resetting is a tricky task. For starters, reset and reboot are two different things. A reset results in changes in your printer settings, while a reboot is a simple restart.
So, let's know more about how to reset a Brother printer to factory settings in a few simple steps:
- Disconnect the cables from the printer and make sure you keep the power cable.
- Access the control panel and tap on the menu list.
- Go through the selections using the up and down keys and select the 'Network' option and tap 'OK.'
- Look for 'Factory Reset' or 'Network Reset' and select the option to let the printer restart.
Reset steps vary depending on Brother printer model types. If you own one with a touchscreen, here's what you can do:
- Tap on the 'Menu' button on your printer's touchscreen.
- Go to 'Network Option' and tap on 'Network Reset.'
- Click 'Yes' for any notification on the screen.
- Tap 'Yes' and hold it for 2 seconds, so the printer restarts.
- Reconnect the cords when you complete all the steps.
Alternatively, you can use these steps for a factory reset if the above options won't work:
- Select 'Initial Setup' using the up and down keys.
- Look for the 'Reset' option using the up and down keys and confirm by selecting 'OK.'
- Using the arrows, choose 'Factory Reset' and press 'OK.'
- Use the up arrow to choose 'Reset' and hold the Up-arrow key to initiate a restart on your printer.
When the steps above don't work, Brother printers have a technical support team to assist you.
The Benefits of a Factory Reset
Before making a reset on any electronic machine, you should save all data and information. A factory reset returns your printer to its original settings.
If you want to know how to reset Brother printer, you should also understand the benefits and risks involved with it.
- A factory reset is easy to do - If all it takes is one button or one option to erase settings in your printer, that means it's possible to walk a child through it.
- A factory reset allows you to manage data easily - All you need to do is keep a backup of your data and do the reset.
- A factory reset is more than a feature - It is a tool that should be used appropriately and wisely.
Educating yourself about troubleshooting processes is part of owning electronic devices like a printer. Knowing how to reset brother printer effectively to its factory settings is useful for isolating printer issues, so you won't get any work interrupted.