How To Print On Sticker Paper: Easy DIY Project
Stickers are fun and versatile. They come in different shapes, colors, and sizes. You can use them to decorate or label all sorts of things.
How to print on sticker paper is surprisingly easy. Learn the basics in this article.
Sticker Printing Services
You may avail of the services of a professional printing house if you need custom stickers as a label for your product or as a giveaway for your next event. People also use stickers as signages for offices or even in their homes.
Professional print shops offer different sticker types and formats, depending on your needs and preference. Here are the most common types:
- Sticker rolls – In this format, your sticker design is printed on a rolled sticker paper so that the output looks like masking tape. You can easily peel off each sticker and store the roll after use.
- Sticker sheets – This format is preferred by clients who wants stickers in smaller quantities. Your sticker design is printed on sticker sheets.
- Die-cut singles – This is the most customized sticker format as your design is die-cut to its exact shape.
Professional print shops also offer a variety of paper materials for your stickers. You may choose from vinyl labels, paper labels, clear labels, foil labels, and many more.
You also have the option to design and print your very own stickers. That is why we are here to help you learn how to print on sticker paper.
Do-It-Yourself Sticker Printing
For this printing project, you will need an Inkjet sticker film or what they call Inkjet vinyl self-adhesive. You can buy this type of paper online or in craft stores, bookstores, or office depots. Also, you will need an Inkjet printer. These materials are used not only by amateur craftmakers but by professional printers too.
To design your sticker, you will need a personal computer or a laptop with a word processor or a layout and design software.
This method will let you print a sticker sheet. Let’s begin.
Follow these steps on how to print stickers on sticker paper:
- Create a design for your sticker using a word processor or design software.
- After designing your sticker, adjust your Inkjet printer settings to the highest resolution setting. This way, you can produce high-quality photographic images.
- To know that you have proper print alignment, print a test page using regular paper.
- If there are misalignments, adjust the design and settings on your computer accordingly. Print a test page again.
- If the design appears correctly on the test page, proceed by loading your Inkjet sticker film on your printer.
- Print your design.
- Cut your stickers.
Can you put sticker paper in a normal printer? No. Always make sure that you use the sticker paper suitable for your printer. Use only Inkjet sticker film with an Inkjet printer and a laser sticker paper with laser printers.
Stick to the steps that we shared on how to print on sticker paper. Remember to use the appropriate type of sticker paper for your printer. Enjoy crafting!