How To Print On Leather: Make Classy Designs With Less Cost
Do you want to own printed personalized leather items without burning a hole in your pocket? Well, it’s possible to create your own classy looking leather item, such as belts, bags, and purses even just in the comfort of your home. Are you having doubts? Then you better check out this article to know how to print on leather and to learn more about custom leather printing.
All About Custom Leather Printing
If you want to create or give a personalized touch to your plain leather material, custom leather printing should be the next big thing that you ought to learn. It’s all about unleashing your creativity and making your leather as your canvas for your unique design and ideas.
Digital printing on faux leather has also become a thing. This artificial leather is remarkable for its durability and decent quality. That is why many people have invested their money, time, and effort just to produce their printed leather art.
But how to print on leather using only inexpensive tools, materials, and your free creative ideas?
How to Print on Your Leather Items
Leather print customization can be done in almost every type of leather that you have. And if you have raw and boring leather in your house, then prepare to transform it into a piece of art that screams both passion and fashion. So how to print on leather without breaking the bank?
Take note of the following easy steps on how to print on leather in your home:
- Before you dive right into the printing process, you must first prepare the materials that you‘ll need for this project.
- Your preferred leather item
- Laser printed designs of your choice
- Masking tape
- And of course, creativity
- Print whatever design that you desire to put on your leather. It can be names, graphics, patterns, and even a picture of your pet! Take note that the image should be in a mirrored placement. Make sure that the size of the printed design is big or small enough to fit in your leather.
- After you have printed the design with a laser printer, take your leather, and gently damp it with water using a sponge.
- Take the laser-printed design, and slowly put it on where you want to place it on the leather. Make sure that the front part of the picture is the one facing down the leather. Hold it in place using your masking tape.
- Lay a piece of cloth on top of the design.
- The next step is crucial. Make sure to heat the iron enough before pressing it down to the design and leather. Do not apply too much pressure on the iron because you might ruin your project by burning it.
- Remove all excess paper and the tape from the leather.
- And your project is done!
Paying for personalized goods can make you scratch your head because it can get too pricey – especially customized printed leathers. But now that you know how to print on leathers, you can start doing one by yourself. Remember that once a creative idea and a passionate hand come together, the output would be great!