How To Print On Heat Transfer Vinyl
Are you bored with your plain shirt fashion? New is always better! Try this promising technology to enhance your fashion sense. The idea might be foreign, so that is why in this article, we are going to teach you how to print on heat transfer vinyl. Read this article until the end to have a full grasp on this trendy technique on how to print a picture on heat transfer vinyl.
All About Heat Transfer Vinyl Printing: Be a Trendsetter
Before you become a master on how to print heat transfer vinyl, we need to start with the basics. What is heat transfer vinyl?
Heat transfer vinyl (HTV) is a special vinyl polymer that can be applied in fabrics and other materials to fabricate different designs for different products. Designs vary from patterned, 3D, holographic, glow in the dark, reflective, and a lot more.
Can you print on regular heat transfer vinyl at home? Yes, you can! Given that you have the required stuff, you can start right away. Amazing, right? If you can master the technique on how to print on heat transfer vinyl, then you can start at home right away!
Listed below are the materials needed and chronological steps you need to follow:
- Parchment paper or Teflon paper
- Heat press
- Circuit design studio (software)
- Print and cut machine
- Inkjet printer
- Blue mat
- Heat resistant press mat
- Prepare all the materials and equipment needed.
- Select the shirt that is going to be printed. Make sure that it corresponds with the principle of heat transfer binding. (white paper is to a white shirt, and dark paper is to any shirt)
- Heat press the selected shirt.
- Select a design and upload it to the circuit design studio. Before you send it to your inkjet printer, you need to check the following:
- The gridlines of the paper must be at the back.
- Make sure that your inkjet printer is clean.
- Do not mirror your design.
- Check the “Use system dialogue” button in print set up.
- When printing, always select the “best photo” button in the printing reference.
- Check if you acquired the desirable result. Then place the printer paper to the blue mat.
- Place it in print and cut machine. Read and comprehend the manual of your print and cut machine because different brands may vary on how it is properly used.
- Wait for 30 minutes to dry the ink. Use any tool with a sharp edge to lift up the cut design (i.e., the sharp part of the compass).
- Put the shirt on the pressing mat, and place the cut design to the desired position. Position your parchment or Teflon paper over the design. Set the temperature of the heat press machine to 350 °F. Apply a firm amount of pressure in your heat press. Check the finished product.
Yes, as you can see, the technique is a bit complex. If you mastered the skill on how to print on heat transfer vinyl, all your effort and money are worth it.
Now you know how to print on heat transfer vinyl. It is complex and expensive, right? But consequently, you can be a trendsetter and have a new business venture.