How To Print A Brochure: Simple Tutorial For Word Users
The Microsoft Office Word program offers a wide array of functions for all your graphic and text tasks. You can type and edit single-column text documents, create greeting cards, paste images and graphics, generate graphs and pie charts, and more. And, do you know that you can make double-sided brochures, too?
Learn how to print a brochure in Word with the easy steps that we will provide in this tutorial. Let’s start!
Tips To Making A Brochure
A single-column text document may be boring if you want to convey information about a product, service, or event.
A brochure, on the other hand, is a more interesting communication tool with its folds, layout, graphics, and colors. Still, it all depends on your content.
So, before we discuss the steps on how to print one, we will give you tips on designing an effective brochure.
- Combine light and dark colors to emphasize relevant content.
- Limit the use of typefaces into two. You can add contrast by having bigger or smaller font sizes.
- Use simple font styles.
- Make a clean design by including only the most essential elements. Images, logos, texts, and buttons, should have appropriate spacing.
- Use bullet points and brief headings so readers can scan the material. Avoid putting in long texts.
- Consider the psychology of colors.
- Align the images and texts appropriately.
Create A Brochure In Microsoft Word
To make a brochure, make sure that you have a working printer with ink and paper. The paper should be the size of the brochure you intend to make. Also, you will need a personal computer, laptop, or similar device with the Microsoft Word application.
Follow these steps on how to make a tri-fold brochure:
- Open Microsoft Word on your PC or laptop. On the menu, click File > New Document to create a new file.
- You can select a blank document or a brochure template. If you want to begin with a blank document, click the blank document icon.
- Then, click the Layout tab on the menu. Click Orientation > Landscape.
- Still, on the Layout menu, click Margins. Adjust the margins to 0.5” or smaller.
- Click the Design tab and go to Themes. There, you can choose the theme for your brochure.
- Once you have clicked a theme, the menu will expand with more selections on fonts and colors of headings, Titles, subtitles, and texts. You may also make minor adjustments using the style pane.
- Click the View tab and tick the box to add the ruler and gridlines. You can use these functions to ensure proper spacing between content elements.
- Add three columns using text boxes. Utilize the ruler and gridlines to make sure that there is even space between the columns.
- Add images, graphics, texts, and other elements by clicking Insert tab or pasting.
- You may convert similar elements into a content group for easier adjustments.
For a double-sided, tri-fold brochure, you will need to design two pages with three columns. The first is the front, back, and inner fold of your brochure. The second page will contain the inner pages of your material.
You can pre-select a template when creating a new file. Microsoft Word offers these templates, so you will only need to add content elements and skip other steps discussed above. How to print a pamphlet or a brochure is easier that way.
Print Your Brochure
How do you print a brochure double-sided? Follow these steps:
- Click File > Print.
- Key in the number of pages you intend to print.
- Choose the printer you will be using on the drop-down menu.
- On settings, change ‘Print One Sided’ to Manually Print on Both Sides. You will be prompted to reload the paper to print on the second side.
- Adjust other settings accordingly. Click Print.
- Once the first side is printed, reload the same paper—printed-side-up and front cover-side-in, and then print the second page.
How to print a brochure is easy. However, designing an appealing one can be a little trickier. With practice, you’ll be able to maximize the power of this printed tool for your business ventures.