How To Print A Booklet In Word: A Beginner's Guide
Most of the applications we use have settings that allow features unfamiliar to us. Have you been tasked to print a booklet? Are you planning to make a training manual for work? You're in luck because there's an easy way to accomplish that. We'll teach you how to print booklet in Word so you can redirect all your other tasks through this simple platform.
Printing A Booklet Using Microsoft Word
Before you download an entirely different application to make that booklet, we'll show the publishing functions you can use with Word.
Creating A Booklet In Word
What you need:
- Microsoft 2016 or 2019
Steps to take:
- Step 1 - Set up Word in booklet format.
- Step 2 - Click the 'Page Layout' tab located on the upper portion of Word.
- Step 3 - Select the 'Page Setup' on the lower right corner. It looks like a small square with an arrow, which will bring you to a dialog box with other settings.
- Step 4 - Go to the 'Margins' tab of the dialog box.
- Step 5 - Click the drop-down for 'Multiple pages' in the Pages section and select 'Book fold.' This setting automatically puts your paper in 'Landscape.'
- Step 6 - In the 'Margins' section, adjust 'Gutter' to allow space for binding.
- Step 7 - Go to the 'Paper' tab and select the paper size you will be using.
- Step 8 - click 'OK' to save the settings.
Note: If you made the content before setting it up for booklet format, everything will be automatically adjusted. But you may need to adjust other formatting like photos manually.
Printing A Booklet In Word
The content is ready, and all that's left is to print your booklet. These are the steps on how to print a booklet in Word:
Reminder: Depending on your printer's capabilities, you can select specific settings for printing.
- Step 1 - Go to 'File' and scroll down to 'Print.'
- Step 2 - For auto duplex printers, select 'Print on both sides.'
- Step 3 - For manual duplex printers, select 'Manually print on both sides' and feed the pages manually to the printer when prompted.
Tips For Making Your Booklet
Now that you know how to print booklet in Word, here are a few tips to make it eye-catching and professional-looking:
- Use a concise and eye-catching title.
- Sell the content with a fantastic summary.
- Include a balance of text and images.
- Keep paragraphs short, using very clear subheadings.
- Add margins for a professional look.
- Be careful about using fancy fonts.
- Use a color scheme that is still relevant to the theme.
Readers have a limited attention span for informational brochures, which is why attention to detail is crucial in creating effective booklets.
Now that you know how to use Word for its publishing features, and how to print booklet in Word, you can continue to take advantage of its services without spending on another publishing application.