How To Clean HP Inkjet Printer Heads
Are you wondering why your printed material is looking a little bit unwell because of dirty ink spills, fading ink colors, and annoying weird lines? Well, your printer is maybe suffering from a dirty overused inkjet print head. How do you manually clean hp printheads?
In this article, you will learn how to clean HP inkjet printer heads in easy ways.
What Causes Your HP Inkjet Printer Heads To Get Dirty
Almost all modern models of printers nowadays are built with high-quality external shields to avoid internal hardware problems. But, there is always an exemption to the rule. At the beginning of using your printer, you’ll pretty much experience having no difficulty or issues in your printing quality. But over time, you might notice some unwanted changes on how your printer’s output looks like.
Before knowing how to clean HP inkjet printer heads, check out first the following reason how and why dirt tend to hold on to it:
- Your workplace – If you work in a kind of place that is exposed to a lot of dirt and dust, then your printer would most likely be affected. Imagine working in an open area in your office or house where there is an ongoing construction or traffic nearby. Pollution and falling tiny debris will be your inkjet printer head’s worst enemies.
- Less maintenance – to be able to maintain the best performance of your HP Inkjet printer heads, you must clean it regularly. If not, ink can be clogged inside it and will cause you trouble.
The next part will show you how to clean HP print head in 3 ways.
The Cleaning Process
Read down below on how to clean HP inkjet printer heads in a safe, easy and effective way:
- Using Computer - One easy way to clean your HP inkjet printer head is by using your personal computer.
- Go to your computer and find the HP Toolbox application (for Windows users) and HP Inkjet Utility (for Apple computers).
- Under the HP Toolbox, click on the Clean Printhead options.
- Wait for the instruction to display on your screen. The instruction will vary depending on your printer’s model.
- Just read the instruction well and follow it step by step to clean your printheads.
- Wait for it to finish, and you’re good to go.
- Manual Cleaning – If automatic cleaning by your computer won’t completely get the job done, then you have to do it by hand. To make sure how to do it on your HP printer model, you can check your manual or the HP website for a specific guide.
- Bring it to a Repair Shop – If neither of the two options above works, then most probably you have a bigger problem than a dirty inkjet printhead. The best thing to do is to bring your HP printer to the manufacturer’s service and repair shop so that experts can check and repair it.
That’s how to clean HP inkjet printer heads in 3 different ways.
As a user, you must know how to clean your HP inkjet printer heads to maintain the smooth and best quality of printing experience your printer can offer. Remember to always follow the manufacturer’s given steps and guidelines on how to do it right – clean it with extra care.