How To Check The Ink Levels On HP Printer: Easy Steps
Are you wondering why the printing isn't as vibrant or as saturated like it used to be? Sometimes, we only realize we need to check printer ink when we start to notice pale printing quality. Let's change that, shall we? We'll teach you how to check ink levels on HP printer so you can monitor ink usage anytime and be ready before going empty.
Three Ways to Check HP Printer Ink Levels
There are several ways to check ink levels on HP. This versatility allows you to choose which method is convenient for you.
Checking Ink Levels on HP Control Panel
This is how to check ink levels on HP printer control panel.
HP printers have different icons for ink display, depending on its model. On the printer control panel, the ink display can either be:
- toner level menu
- ink level indicator
- ink drop icon
- cartridge icon
After tapping the icon, the control panel will display the ink levels of your printer.
Checking Ink Levels on Mac
You don't have to go to your printer's control panel all the time to check its ink levels. If you're on your Mac, these are some steps to follow:
- Step 1 - Click on the Apple Menu on the top left of your screen
- Step 2 - Go to 'System Preferences'
- Step 3 - Select 'Printer and Scanner'
- Step 4 - Select your printer from the list
- Step 5 - Click on 'Order and Supplies'
- Step 6 - Select the 'Supplies' tab to display the remaining ink of your printer
Checking Ink Levels on Windows
This is how to check ink levels on HP printer using Windows:
- Step 1 - Download a free tool called 'Scan Doctor' and 'HP Print'
- Step 2 - Run the tools so they can troubleshoot possible problems with your printer
- Step 3 - To find out ink levels, open 'HP Print' and choose 'Printer/Supply levels' to display ink or toner levels
Note: Download 'HP Smart app' for Android or iOS
How to Prevent Damage Because of Empty Cartridges
Empty ink cartridges can damage printers and clog its print heads. To avoid wasting money on unnecessary repairs, here are a few things to remember:
- Take note of your computer notifications when ink is running low. You can also check this through the quality of your prints.
- If you plan to store your printer, remove the printer head, and seal it in a plastic bag with moisture to prevent it from drying.
- Replace your cartridges immediately when ink is running low to avoid damage on the print head.
Knowing how to check ink levels on HP printer goes beyond the need for quality prints. If ink cartridges are changed at the right time, before they go empty, it will save you money in the long run.